Anyone Using a Newbury Vertical Machine?

all injection, all the time

Moderator: Will Call

Anyone Using a Newbury Vertical Machine?

Postby kprice on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:17 pm

We are looking to buy our first injection molding machine to manufacture parts for our product. To start off with we are looking at buying a used machine and have had someone recommend a Newbury machine. Do any of you have any experience with a Newbury? Are they a well made, reliable machine? Are they easy to operate? Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Kenneth
kprice

Re: Anyone Using a Newbury Vertical Machine?

Postby Jim on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:51 pm

Kenneth,

I currently have one older Newbury vertical press that I use, it is a decent, middle of the road machine. It is reasonably accurate and repeatable, easy to work on. I would suggest that you find one with a Pathfinder controller on it. Van Dorn Demag purchased Newbury a number of years ago and updated the machinery with Pathfinder control packages. These are good machines that will cost you a little more, but they are more accurate than the older Newbury models. I have had good luck over the years getting parts and service from Newbury/Van Dorn, they are nationwide and dependable. Hope this helps........

J.P.
" Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein
Jim

Postby M&M on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:32 am

Newberrys are ok machines, they run fine just a little short on how tough they are built I guess, not as stout as say and Engle is would be. But I never had a huge failure, parts as JP says are easy to come by and the machines are simple and easy to fix when they need it.

My two cents
M&M

Postby kprice on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Thanks for the input. We will be doing low volume quantities, sounds like it would be a good machine for that.

Kenneth
kprice

Return to Injection