Consolidated Molded Products

just who was john wesley hyatt?

Consolidated Molded Products

Postby norbni on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:55 am

Hi,

Does anyone know what happened to Consolidated Molded Products? I have tracked down some models to this firm but it looks like it is gone, and I am wondering who got the molds and information on these models when the company closed or was bought out. Is there a way to find out this information? Thank you for anything you can do to help me track down more information (even pointing out where to search, or what to look up in a library would be great, I am working on a history of these models).

Matt
norbni

Re: Consolidated Molded Products

Postby Dr. Dick on Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:44 pm

Mat
Type in the Google Box at the top of this page "Consolidated Molded Products" (including the ") You'll get 18 hits. Some may help.
Dr. Dick

"If you want to soar with the Eagles in the morning.......
You can't hoot with us Owls all night"
Dr. Dick

Postby norbni on Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:33 am

Hi,

OK, perhaps I should explain that I have already done that search and other pertinent google searches (also tried yahoo) that did not return the info I requested when I posted here. I even did the search again, just to make sure nothing turned up in the past day or two. Let me also note that I use the search engines avaliable to me and have exhausted my options, I am currently working on my PhD, and just was hoping someone here might be able to help. I really would like to know who bought out CMP and/or where their molds got to. If anyone here can help, I would appreciate it. Thank you again.

Matt
norbni

Postby Dr. Dick on Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:12 pm

There may be information in the PA State Incorporation Divison of their incorporation.

You might also post in the AskPIP forums of SPE at http://www.askpip.org
You could post in both the theroset forum and the molders forum. You might also contact the Local SPE Section that includes Scranton,PA in their area.

Another source is the archive files of the Scranton newspaper. They may be available on line.

If they were a public company then Dun and Bradstreet (SP?) may have information on the sale or closure.

Contact the Plastics Pioneers they may know.
Dr. Dick

"If you want to soar with the Eagles in the morning.......
You can't hoot with us Owls all night"
Dr. Dick

Postby Indy on Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:20 pm

Here is a link I picked up from Google it says Consolidated Molded Products Co., is located in Scranton, PA but I wouldn’t be surprised if they haven’t merged with Consolidated Container Company yet. Hope this helps.
http://classicradiogallery.com/plastic.html

Best ND
Indy

Postby JIM 317 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:48 pm

Try a search via Dogpile.com---it will list hits from a multitude of oearch engines, including Google and Yahoo
JIM 317

Postby norbni on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:51 am

Hi,

Thank you very much to everyone who replied, I believe I have enough info now (esp. thanks to a few PM's) to work with and get the info I need. I will keep you updated on anything new I find out. Thank you all again for your time and help!!!

Sincerely,

Matt
norbni

Postby Louis on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:48 am

JIM 317 @ Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 am wrote:Try a search via Dogpile.com---it will list hits from a multitude of oearch engines, including Google and Yahoo

As does my favorite site http://www.metacrawler.com
My posts represent my opinion and not the ownership of this site or the company where I am employed.
Louis
Site Admin

Return to Plastics History