- Grading the Akiles Finish - @ - Coil M Coil Inserter
Grading the Akiles Finish - @ - Coil M Coil Inserter
- By Jeff McRitchie
- Published 11/3/2011
If you'd like to purchase the Akiles Finish-A-Coil M, visit MyBinding.com. They have great price and all the Color Coil Supplies that you'll need. Plus, you'll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00. If you'd like to learn more about these types of products, read all about them at MyBindingBlog.com.View all articles by Jeff McRitchie
About the Finish-A-Coil:
* The first thing to note about this device is its binding capacity. The Finish-A-Coil is compatible with coils of all sizes from 6 to 50 millimeters. This gives you the ability to bind documents that contain as many as 440 pages. The large binding capacity is possible thanks an alignment channel that's U-shaped. This feature keeps the spine aligned during binding so you get the results you want. The roller settings are also adjustable.
* This is an electric inserter that works quickly so you can get the results you need in very little time. Plus, it's operated by a foot pedal so your hands will remain free, allowing you more control over the binding process.
* The Finish-A-Coil comes with a pair of crimping pliers so you'll be able to finish off your documents properly after they've been bound. These pliers tend to retail for around $50.00, so the inclusion of them will definitely help you save some money. Also, the machine has a compartment in which the pliers can be stored so you'll always know where they are.
* This machine has both a coil diameter scale and selector printed on it so you'll be able to ensure
* The Finish-A-Coil isn't very big so you'll be able to save some room in your work environment. It has measurements of 14.5" (length) x 10.5" (width) x 5.75" (height) which is definitely on the small side.
* If you're worried about the possibility of having to spend money on repairs, rest easy. This machine comes with a one-year warranty.
* Finally, this device is a coil inserter only. You'll need to either use pre-punched paper or a paper punch to prepare your documents for binding.
Final grade: A.
There's really nothing wrong with the Akiles Finish-A-Coil aside from the fact that it's not capable of punching paper. And, in fact, this is one of the best coil inserters currently available. Its binding capacity is the best you'll find and you'll be able to use this machine for both short and long documents. Thanks to the presence of the foot pedal, the binding process won't take very long which will allow you to save time for more important endeavors. It has a lot of thoughtful features such as the diameter scale and selector, as well as the inclusion of crimping pliers. The one-year warranty is also a nice touch. Overall, the Finish-A-Coil would be a great choice if you need a coil inserter. You're definitely going to enjoy using it as well as appreciate the results it will give you. Take a look at it today.