- Reviewing the Akiles Finish - @ - Coil M Electric Coil Inserter
Reviewing the Akiles Finish - @ - Coil M Electric Coil Inserter
- By Jeff McRitchie
- Published 11/3/2011
If you'd like to purchase the Akiles Finish-A-Coil E1, visit MyBinding.com. They have great price and all the Coil Binding Supplies that you'll need. Plus, you'll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00. If you'd like to learn more about these types of products, read all about them at MyBindingBlog.com.View all articles by Jeff McRitchie
* The Finish-A-Coil can bind documents with coils that are up to 50 mm in diameter. The 50 mm ones are the largest supplies on the market and can bind a book containing as many as 440 pages. The smallest coil has a diameter of 6 mm and can bind 30 sheets together, so you'll be able to bind documents of all sizes.
* This machine features a full-length EDPM roller. The roller is 11-3/8" long and is operated by foot pedal which allows you to keep your hands free. You can adjust the settings to get the right one for the particular coil you're using for your document. Plus, this roller is durable and is built to last. Both the roller and crimper (more on that in a moment) can be adjusted at the same time so you can keep things moving.
* The Finish-A-Coil has crimpers built right into it. It will crimp any coil so long as it's 50 mm wide or less. Like the roller, this feature is operated by the foot pedal. And best of all, you won't need to wrestle with manual crimpers, so you'll save yourself some time
* Selecting the right spine for your book won't be very hard because the Finish-A-Coil has feature that allows you to measure the book's thickness. When you have this number, you can then pick out your coil and bind your book.
* One of the most innovative features this machine has to offer is its automatic mode selector. To use this feature, you can just set that machine on "Auto" and it will then either insert a coil or crimp one based on what its built-in sensor tells it to do. It makes using this machine incredibly easy.
* This machine won't take up too much room even if space is limited in your work environment. It has measurements of 14.5" (length) x 10.5" (width) x 5.75" (height) and it only weighs 18 pounds.
* The Finish-A-Coil has a one-year warranty so your purchase will be protected if you experience any trouble with it.
* The Finish-A-Coil isn't capable of punching your documents, so you'll need to have a punch handy. Pre-punched paper would also be a good choice because half the work would already be done for you.
* Plastic combs and wire spines cannot be used with this machine. They require completely different equipment.
Although the Akiles Finish-A-Coil has a couple of drawbacks, overall this is definitely the machine to use when you need to bind your documents with coils. Get this great machine for your office today so you can take advantage of its great features.