- The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Fellowes Cosmic CL-125 Laminator
The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Fellowes Cosmic CL-125 Laminator
- By Jeff McRitchie
- Published 11/3/2011
If you'd like to purchase the Fellowes Cosmic CL-125, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have great price and all the Laminating Pouches that you'll need. Plus, you'll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00. If you'd like to learn more about these types of products, you can read all about them at MyBindingBlog.com.View all articles by Jeff McRitchie
* The CL-125 has a feed opening that can accommodate documents of different sizes. The opening is 12.5 inches wide so you'll be able to work with small objects (i.e. business cards) as well as letter- and legal-sized paper.
* This laminator has two temperature settings: hot and cold. The hot setting is appropriate for 3 and 5 mil pouches. Meanwhile, the cold setting is best for pressure-sensitive pouches. Cold lamination is good for many different documents including those that could be damaged by heat such as photographs.
* The CL-125 can warm up in just 5 minutes. Some other laminators can take as many as 10 minutes to warm up, so 5 minutes is a really great warm-up time. Also, this machine can laminate a letter-sized document in less than a minute.
* You don't need to use a carrier when you laminate your documents with this device. However, you may still want to so that the laminator's gears don't get damaged by the adhesive that may seep out of your pouches.
* If you're concerned about someone possibly getting burned when this device is being used, you don't need to be. The CL-125 has a feature called
* This machine won't take up very much room because it measures approximately 4" (height) x 21" (width) x 8" (depth). Due to its size, it would be great for homes, schools, and small offices. Plus, this device has stand-up feet and a carrying handle for portability. There's also an area in which to store the cord so it won't be dragged all over the place.
* Finally, each unit comes with a laminating starter kit that contains pouches to help you get started.
* This machine is only compatible with 3 and 5 mil and pressure-sensitive pouches. Therefore, this isn't the best machine to use if your project calls for a thicker pouch. Also, this device isn't compatible with mounting boards.
* The CL-125 only has two rollers so your end result won't be quite as good if you had used a machine with four rollers. (However, it will still look good.)
The Fellowes Cosmic CL-125 is a terrific laminator so long as you don't need to use 7 and 10 mil pouches. It would be a good choice if you need to a laminator for occasional usage and, thanks to the HeatGuard feature, it's safe for use around kids. This device is small enough to take with you wherever you go and it's great that it even comes with laminating pouches to help you get started. If all of this sounds good to you, treat yourself to the CL-125 today so you can start laminating.