- The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Akiles Pro-Lam 320 Laminator
The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Akiles Pro-Lam 320 Laminator
- By Jeff McRitchie
- Published 11/3/2011
If you'd like to purchase the Akiles Pro-Lam 320, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have this product available at a great price and they also have all the Laminating Pouches that you'll need. Plus, you'll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00. If you'd like to learn more about these types of products, you can read all about them at MyBindingBlog.com.View all articles by Jeff McRitchie
* One of the best things about the Pro-Lam 320 is its wide feed opening. It's 12.5 inches across, so you'll be able to work with both large and small documents. Some of the things you can laminate include signs, small posters, banners, name tags, and more.
* If you're in a hurry, this is a great laminator to use because it can finish the job in what seems like the blink of an eye. That's because it can laminate up to 2 feet of material in one minute. (That's about 0.4" per second.) Also, the machine has a standby mode you can use so you won't have to wait for the machine to heat back up.
* This laminator is compatible with many different pouch thicknesses, all the way up to 10 mil. You don't even have to use a carrier when you laminate, although using them with the 10 mil pouches is recommended.
* The Pro-Lam 320's motor is terrific because it can work really hard for a long period of time without overheating. This will not only keep you productive, it will help you save money on possible repairs.
* You can expect beautiful, crystal clear results when you use this
* The Pro-Lam 320 is very easy to use. All the controls you need are right on the front of the device and are clearly marked. The temperature is controlled by a rotary dial and a light will go on when the machine has warmed up sufficiently.
* This laminator has been constructed with care and it features metal casing and steel gears. You can expect this machine to work for years. It does come with a one-year warranty though, just in case anything comes up.
* Due to its wide feed opening, the Pro-Lam 320 is a bit on the large size. The dimensions are 21.1" (width) x 10.9" (depth) x 4.06" (height). You'll want to keep this mind if space is limited in your office.
* Like the other Akiles Pro-Lam devices, this machine lacks a cold lamination setting. This is an unfortunate oversight because it means you'll be unable to laminate certain items such as ink-jet printouts.
It's really too bad that the Akiles Pro-Lam 320 lacks a cold lamination setting because overall, this is an excellent laminator. It laminates quickly, produces beautiful results, and it's easy to use. (The durable motor is also great.) If you can live without a cold setting, this would be a great laminator to get for either the home or office. So take a look at it now to see if it's right for you.