- Taking a Look at the Akiles UltraLam 250B Laminator
Taking a Look at the Akiles UltraLam 250B Laminator
- By Jeff McRitchie
- Published 11/3/2011
If you'd like to purchase the Akiles UltraLam 250B, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have great price and all the Laminating Pouches that you'll need. Plus, you'll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00. If you'd like to learn more about these types of products, you can read all about them at MyBindingBlog.com.View all articles by Jeff McRitchie
* The UltraLam 250B has a feed opening that's 9.84" wide. This is a great width for letter- and legal-sized documents. You'll also be able to laminate smaller items such as index cards and I.D. badges.
* One of the most interesting things about this laminator is that its exit is wider than the feed opening. The exit is 10.63" inches wide, almost a full inch wider than the feed opening. Akiles designed the machine like this to reduce pouch jams. You'll definitely find that this feature will help you stay productive because you can focus on laminating and not removing jammed pouches.
* This laminator operates at warm temperatures only, so it's not ideal for thermally sensitive documents. The temperatures it runs at range from 85 to 60 degrees Celsius. (The Fahrenheit equivalent is 185 to 320 degrees.)
* The UltraLam 250B is compatible with just about every standard laminating pouch on the market. Thus, you'll be able to use pouches of any thickness you want, whether it's the thin 1.5 mil ones or the
* This machine is equipped with what Akiles calls a Flex-Tite system. What it does is detect the thickness of your document. Then it applies the right amount of pressure to it for flawless results. (Your documents can be up to 0.08", by the way.)
* One thing you'll like about this device is that it's very easy to use. There is a light that signals when the machine is ready to laminate and all the controls are grouped together and easy to understand. Plus, there are separate "On" and "Motor" switches you can use to either put the laminator in standby mode or have it run non-stop.
* Finding space for this laminator shouldn't be too hard because it only measures 17.5" (width) x 9.5" (depth) x 5.75" (height). It's not very heavy either, weighing just 13.5 pounds. Moving it will be a cinch.
* The UltraLam 250B is solidly built and it has the ability to handle heavy-duty use on a daily basis. It's also backed by a one-year warranty.
The Akiles UltraLam 250B is, in a nutshell, one of the better laminators currently available. You'll be pleased with how well it laminates and that it can be used continuously and not overheat. It also has some wonderful advanced features, such as the Flex-Tite system and the ability to handle a wide variety of laminating pouches. The extra wide exit is great as well and will help you save some time. So if you're looking for a heavy-duty pouch laminator for everyday use, the UltraLam 250B is one you should consider.