- Restaurant Kitchen Design: 6 Things You Should Know
Restaurant Kitchen Design: 6 Things You Should Know
- By Greg Garner
- Published 04/19/2012
For more information please visit our Restaurant Accounting website.View all articles by Greg Garner
• The design and layout are very important in the kitchen as well as the equipment and gadgets you will need. It is not enough to have the equipment. The equipment should also be placed in the correct position. The design is important because a carefully designed kitchen can actually improve the efficiency of the staff, which in turn can raise the reputation of your restaurant. If you are starting new, hire professionals to help you design and do the layout of the kitchen.
• Mostly the designs of kitchens follow some basic pattern. The difference occurs due to the nature of the restaurant and the size. Even if you hire professionals for the job of designing your kitchen, be able to interact with them and help anyway you can. You will be able to convey your requirements easily and understand what the professional is willing to do.
• However, the first thing in any restaurant
• The kitchen should be well lit. Light is very important because you want your cooks to get the food right in color and texture. Color and texture are the things apart from the taste that will draw diners to your restaurant. Next, is the equipment, which will all be of heavy-duty variety? All of these will require proper installation and the supply of water, electricity and gas should be safely installed. Make sure you convey the requirements to your designer properly so that they can design the layout efficiently.
• One more matter to keep in mind is you have to be flexible. Remember, your restaurant may not be serving the same dishes year after year. Also during the holidays, you may need to add some temporary equipment to cater to the rush of diners. Be ready to accommodate when things change.
• Finally, keep an eye on your budget. Try to stick as close to it as possible.
Now that you know the basics to building a fantastic kitchen, go ahead, start building the one you always dreamt you’d have in your restaurant.