Quick Services Links
Welcome to plastics.com
Plastics Stats and Demographics
Thats where we start this discussion between us and potential partners.
A brief history...
Plastics.com is the pioneer of plastics internet sites, starting in 1994. We have preceded all other plastics related sites and as such, along with ownership of most of the industry lop level generic domain names, we have one of the highest memberships and traffic on the internet.
Our traffic is high.
Since it's inception in 1994, the plastics.com portal has continually experienced robust traffic.
2006-2010 Traffic Stats
The following stats are actual data, under the proper industry terms, which allows apple-to-apple comparisons with other sites. These stats represent the five year period from 2006-2010. Note: These stats are from the plastics.com main server only. Actual stats would be higher as they'd include several sub domain servers not included here. Also note that plastics.com changed our stats system, hence these stats are run from the raw logs and are not generally comparable to past stats run with other parameters.
- Page Views 11,981,069
- Avg Page Views Per Day 6,561
- Visits 1,303,562
- Average Per Day 713
- Average Visit Length 8 min 8 sec
- Unique Visitors 434,713
Typical Mass Email Stats
The following email stats are actual data, with the client hidden.
- Sent to: 40,062
- Opened: 4,020 / 2,944 Unique Opens
- Open Rate: 10.03%
- Click-through Rate (CTR): 0.65%
- Click-through Rate for this example is within industry norms for an email sent to an opt-in list but not particularly requested or expected
- .29%-1.48% is the normal range for such type of emails
- Click-through Rate varies dramatically based on the sender, the message, the amount of times the receiver has been sent a similar message and if a receiever is expecting the email or not, as in a subscribed newsletter.
- Open Rate: = Un. Opens / Actual Sent = 2,944/40,062 = 7.35%
2011 Traffic Update
Plastics.com growth continues to increase. A recent Google Analytics Report showing traffic trends over the last two years shows plastics.com traffic tripling during that period! Unlike the typical site which shows growth at launch and then flattens, plastics.com growth has grown steadily since it's launch in 2000 and it's predecessor site, polymers.com, saw the same trend from 1994 through 2000! Factors contributing to this unusual steady growth include the in-house team of SEO experts and the Social Media team, as well as continually evolving content.
Our Membership Demographics
- 24% Engineers
- 11% Design Related
- 10% Buyers
- 12% Executive
- 09% Production
- 10% Sales
- 05% Mkt'ing
- 17% Academic
- 02% Public
Our Members' Industry Demographics
- 25% Processors
- 24% Academic
- 27% Material
- 07% Tooling
- 17% Misc
- over 80,000 joined
- approx 48,000 clean, opt-in mass email list
What would you do if you owned plastics.com?
You'd use it to drive sales, and so will we. Please contact or give a call to our sales office at 1.260.438.8464